How Safe Are You From Your Gate Man?December 6, 2011
Kidnapping used to be a word in our dictionary. It is now a reality and threat on our streets. We do not only read about it on the faces of our news papers, but we sometimes get to know the families of the victims. We are getting afraid but do not know who to turn to for help. Kidnapping in Nigeria is now a reality, Beware!
You may have observed that the victims of kidnappers have since changed from foreign oil workers,who are made to pay millions of dollars ransom to ordinary Nigerians like you and i, grand parents, school children and children of pre-school ages.
The kidnappers themselves have changed from the Niger Delta Militants,who were originaly fighting for a course,to armed robbers, house keepers and helpers and family member, who feels the victim havent done enough for them. The kidnappers have also spread to heartboken lovers who feel the victim needs to be taught a lesson.
Blaming the unemployment and economic meltdown, insensitivity of Men in government, social decadents and so many other reasons may indeed be the birth place of this social evil, but knowing this without finding a solution is like standing in the rain while not wanting to be wet.
6 Security Tips To Protect Yourself Against Kidnappers
1) Anybody could be the papetrator, especilaly the friend, ex lover, bussines patner etc if you must enter into any relationship, be sure of his or her stand. If you are not ready for a relationship, do not begin any. Do not have lines of enemies trailing behind you because of imaturity and unreadiness.
2) Watch what and where you speak. A lot of people have no sense of security. Sometime self esteem is usualy the problem of many people. If your audience will have no value to add to what you have to say, why waste your time? You could end up braging yourself into being kidnapped and asked to pay a Ransom.
3) Be cordial with your Neighbour. This is because He would not be seeing it as Tresspassing if he needs to help when he notices anythig strange happening to you.
4) Make sure you have the number of your next of kin in your mind. So many people can not call any body except they use their phones or write it down . The first thing taken from you by kidnappers is your phone. if you are able to escape, you will need to call for help.
5) Be good to people, especialy the ones you meet every day in the process of carrying out your responsibilities, like your co-workers and even Domestic wokers. Any body could be the kidnapper. More over, it takes just two men or women to kidnap you. A man plus the informant.
6) Call Damog guards right away, for all the other security cosultation you need to be safe.